Three Princes and a Princess

Our Journey to Gabriella Lin.....one step at a time.....

Monday, January 23, 2012

Just one little thing I forgot to mention...........

I am petrified of flying. SCARED.TO.DEATH!

I am not quite sure why this is just hitting me now, I mean I knew I would have to FLY to get to China to our girl but gosh I think I might vomit just thinking about it. 



In just 4 days I will be on one of these bad boys as it whisks my sister and I to Beijing.  I think I will have taken 7 different planes and one train ride in our 14-day journey to, in and from China.  Oh I know it is worth it, I have no doubts about that, but any tips to get through it? Mind over matter? Wine? Praying? Drugs? Really people I am open to suggestions as this will NOT be easy for me, but what in this process has been?

I know that knowing I will meet my daughter one week from today will surely help me through it....ONE.WEEK!

And just because, here is another picture of my Jiangixi cutie..............that beautiful sad face needs a mama!


2 comments:

  1. I have a pathological fear of flying as well, and have some ideas to help--email me at corynmollyadoption (at) gmail if you want to! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I want you to know that I am praying for His peace to cover you. Just remember who is orchestrating all of this. He is in charge and everything will be ok.
    That having been said, I know that sometimes we know all of this and still are terrified. I know because I am PETRIFIED of flying. I can't even take a short flight without having an anxiety attack. HOWEVER, I have made THREE trips to China. If your are like me, then I've got one word for you..... Xanex =) I NEVER would have made it without a little help. If you can make it without it then that's great. But I definately suggest having it on hand, just in case. If you decide to go that route then let me know. I have a few tips if you have never taken it before. After all, you don't want your sister to have to carry you onto the plane... nor to you want to be screaming "Let me off this thing!" during take off. There's a science to it. LOL
    Patiently waiting to see pictures of your sweet girl in your arms.
    Blessings,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete